Six Standards for High Performing Schools
from 50 Ways to Close the Achievement Gap by Downey, Steffy, Poston, and English
• Standard One: Establish a Well-Crafted, Focused, Valid, and Clear Curriculum to Direct Teaching.
• Standard Two: Provide Assessments Aligned with the Curriculum
• Standard Three: Align Program and Instructional Resources with the Curriculum and Provide Student Equality and Equity
• Standard Four: Use a Mastery Learning Approach and Effective Teaching Strategies
• Standard Five: Establish Curriculum Expectations, Monitoring, and Accountability
• Standard Six: Institute Effective District and School Planning, Staff Development, and Provide a Quality Learning Environment