Customized Workshops and Professional Development
Susan Cameron has provided professional development workshops in Arizona since 1980, for Mesa Public Schools, Phoenix Elementary School District, Glendale Public Schools, Gilbert Public Schools, Tempe High School District, PreHab of Arizona, the Intertribal Council of Arizona, Red Mesa School District, and Salt River Indian Community Schools.
Work in those districts includes designing mentor and induction programs for new teachers, student portfolio assessment, classroom observation protocols, teaching for thinking: questioning strategies, creating instructionally sound curriculum, teaching reading survival skills in the high school classroom, curriculum mapping, and many more.
Susan is available to work with your school team to design and deliver professional development that represents best practice in professional development.
Areas of focus include:
• new teacher induction
• mentor training
• meeting the needs of diverse learners
• inclusive education
• differentiated instruction
• instruction and assessment in a standards-based environment
• educational leadership
• supervision and evaluation
• using data to inform practice
• creating a culture for learning and building professional learning communities
• customized consulting and facilitation
SCS offers multi-day workshops in a series, on site, in many districts. These series are structured to provide time for participants to apply and reflect on strategies introduced in the workshops.